I love the freshly baked cookies. You will always find a box of home baked cookies at my place. This time I decided to make Almond cookies. I made the powered almond myself at home because I feel the almond flour bought from the market is too fine. All I did was I took a handful of almonds and put it into the food processor. Make sure you pulse blend so that you can control how fine you want the powder to be. Make sure the powered almond is not chunky too. Once you get this right, the cookies will absolutely turn out perfect. Here’s the recipe for my Almond Cookies.
- 1¼ cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup powered Almond (not too fine)
- ¾ cup powered Sugar
- ½ cup softened Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp. Almond Essence
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 10 Almonds split into halves
- Pre-heat Almond at 175°C
- Add Sugar and Butter into a mixing bowl and mix well using an electric beater.
- Add the Egg and Almond Essence and mix again using the beater.
- Now add the Baking Powder and powered Almond and mix well using a spatula.
- Finally add the All Purpose Flour and mix using the spatula.
- Place a baking mat or a sheet of butter paper on the baking tray.
- Make lime size balls out of the cookies dough and place them on the baking tray at least 2 inches apart from each other.
- Give a gently press on each of the balls and then place one Almond half on each of the cookie.
- Transfer the baking tray into the oven and bake for 14-15 minutes.
- Once the cookies are baked, transfer them to a cooling rack and let the cookies cool.