Paneer Kali Mirch Tikka is one of my favorite starters. This is a dish that can never go wrong. It is super simple to make, but the outcome looks just beautiful. The ingredients used in the recipe too are very easily available. It matches perfectly with Green Chutney. I’ve made these Tikkas in an Oven but you could also grill them on an open grill. It is however traditionally made using a Tandoor (Indian Clay Oven). The difference is similar to the pizza you bake at home in an electric oven and the ones made in wood fired ovens. But this is the best you can make at home, which is still very delicious. So here’s the recipe for Paneer Kali Mirch Tikka. Enjoy!!
- 250 grams Cottage Cheese cut into 2 inch squares
- 1 tbsp. Black Peppercorns dry roasted and coarsely Ground
- 1 Tomato deseeded and cut into 2 inch square
- 1 Green Bell pepper deseeded and cut into 2 inch square
- ½ Onion Quartered and separated
- Salt for seasoning
- ½ tbsp. Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2/3 cup Fresh Cream
- 1 tsp. Softened Butter
- 3-4 Skewer Sticks
- 1/2 Lime
- In a Mixing Bowl, add Fresh Cream, Butter, Ground Pepper, Salt and Ginger Garlic Paste and mix well.
- Marinate the Cottage Cheese, Tomato, Bell Pepper and Onion in this mixture.
- Transfer it into the fridge for half an hour.
- Pre-heat the Oven at 275 °C
- Grease a baking tray.
- Now insert the marinated Cottage Cheese, Bell Peppers, Tomato and Onion into skewers sticks.
- Place the skewers on the baking tray and bake them for 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer the skewers on a serving plate and squeeze half a lime on top.